Saturday, August 23, 2008

I am now officially a "Mustador" (Mustang & Commador)


So the only real update going on in the Samuels household is where I am teaching. At the end of last school year, June 5th to be exact, I found out that my teaching position at Langley had been reduced to part-time. After a long summer of wondering, interviewing, and lots of worrying, I found out this past week that I will be working the other part of my day at Perry Traditional Academy.

This is kind of interesting. Obviously I'm not thrilled about having to travel between two schools everyday for the entire school year... but, if I have to do it, I'm thankful that it's with Perry. It's the closest high school to our house and most of the high school students from The Pittsburgh Project attend Perry.

I started this past Thursday, and well.... lets just say that I will need some prayer for the beginning of the year. I'm coming into a position that's not exactly ideal, but I'm sure that the time that I am there will be good in time. They have an awesome pool that I've been teaching my lifeguarding courses in for a couple of years, and I am super excited about that. This summer's olympics has inspired me to get back into a pool.

That's all for now... more pictures of the girls soon!

Go Steelers!

No comments: